A successful Super Bowl party starts with snacks. These delicious, easy-to-make recipes are sure to be a touchdown with your friends.
TOTAL: 30 MIN – 6 SERVINGS
- 4 tbsp. Schnucks cream cheese, softened
- 6 jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
- 12 slices Schnucks thick-cut bacon chopped cilantro, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread 1 teaspoon cream cheese in each jalapeño half. Wrap each with 1 slice of bacon and add to baking sheet.
- Bake until bacon is crisp, about 20 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.
PER SERVING: CAL 184, FAT 16G (7G SAT. FAT), CHOL 31MG, SODIUM 865MG, CARB 2G (1G FIBER, 1G SUGARS), PRO 7G
SIDELINE SPINACH DIP
TOTAL: 35 MIN – 8 SERVINGS
- 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup Schnucks finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Schnucks finely shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup Schnucks sour cream
- 8 oz. Schnucks cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup Schnucks finely shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Schnucks ground black pepper
- hot sauce of choice, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a medium baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix spinach, artichoke hearts, mozzarella, 3⁄4 cup Cheddar, sour cream, cream cheese, 1⁄2 cup Parmesan, garlic, mustard, pepper and hot sauce until combined. Add to baking dish and top with remaining 1⁄4 cup Cheddar and 1⁄4 cup Parmesan.
- Bake until top is crisp and inside has melted, about 25 minutes. Serve immediately with chips, crackers or vegetables of choice.
PER SERVING: CAL 284, FAT 25G (15G SAT. FAT), CHOL 66MG, SODIUM 440MG, CARB 5G (1G FIBER, 1G SUGARS), PRO 12G
HUDDLE UP HOT WINGS
TOTAL: 1 HR 10 MIN – 8 SERVINGS
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 4 lbs. Schnucks fresh chicken wings, from meat department
- 1⁄2 cup Schnucks unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup cayenne hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare wings by splitting the drummettes and wing tips from the wingettes; this can be done by cutting through the joints with a sharp knife or pair of kitchen shears. Discard wing tips.
- In a large bowl, mix salt, pepper, garlic powder and baking powder. Pat wings dry with paper towels and toss in seasoning mixture.
- Place wings on baking sheet in an even layer, leaving about an inch of space between. Bake until crisp and cooked through, about 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, whisk melted butter with hot sauce until combined. Toss wings in sauce.
PER SERVING: CAL 477, FAT 36G (14G SAT. FAT), CHOL 138MG, SODIUM 1,160MG, CARB 2G (0G FIBER, 0G SUGARS), PRO 35G
- Pro tip: keep cooked wings warm for the party in a slow cooker set to low heat
- Wings too hot? Cool them down with Panera at Home Organic Creamy Buttermilk Ranch – perfect for dipping!
TOTAL: 4-8 HRS – 16 SERVINGS
- 10 oz. bag shredded carrots
- 10 oz. bag shredded red cabbage
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup coleslaw dressing
- 2 yellow onions, quartered
- 2 tbsp. kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 lbs. Pride of the Farm pork butt
- 1 cup Schnucks apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 16 buns of choice
- barbecue sauce of choice
- In a large bowl, mix carrots, cabbage, green onion and coleslaw dressing. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place onions in bottom of slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix all spices together. Rub pork with spice mixture and place in slow cooker.
- Whisk vinegar and honey together and pour over pork. Cook in slow cooker on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Shred cooked pork using two forks. Serve on buns topped with coleslaw and barbecue sauce.
PER SERVING: CAL 450, FAT 20G (6G SAT. FAT), CHOL 88MG, SODIUM 1,384MG, CARB 39G (2G FIBER, 15G SUGARS), PRO 29G
MACHO NACHO FRIES
TOTAL: 40 MIN – 8 SERVINGS
- 28 oz. bag frozen French fries
- 9 oz. chorizo sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 1 cup Schnucks Mexican shredded cheese blend
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely diced
- Prepare fries according to package directions and place in large baking dish.
- Evenly distribute cooked chorizo and cheese over fries. Return to oven and bake until cheese has melted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and diced red onion. Serve immediately.
PER SERVING: CAL 329, FAT 19G (11G SAT. FAT), CHOL 36MG, SODIUM 337MG, CARB 29G
(3G FIBER, 0G SUGARS), PRO 15G
BANANA BROWNIE BLITZ
TOTAL: 25 MIN – 8 SERVINGS
- 1⁄4 cup Schnucks unsalted butter
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 box fudge brownie mix, baked according to package directions
- 1 cup Schnucks buttermilk pancake mix
- 1⁄2 cup Schnucks milk
- 1 large Schnucks egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Culinaria French Vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce, to serve
- Melt butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Add bananas and brown sugar to pan; sauté until caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Add about 4 inches of vegetable oil to a deep pot over medium heat and warm until temperature reaches 375 degrees.
- Cut brownies into 8 equal pieces. In a medium bowl, whisk together pancake mix, milk, egg and vanilla to create batter.
- Dip brownies in batter, drop directly in oil and fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Top warm fried brownies with caramelized bananas, ice cream and chocolate sauce.
PER SERVING: CAL 739, FAT 32G (8G SAT. FAT), CHOL 99MG, SODIUM 537MG, CARB 106G
(5G FIBER, 67G SUGARS), PRO 9G