Happy New Year! Throw the party of the year with these fun and festive treats.
Layer prepared chocolate pudding, crumbled cream-filled chocolate cookies and whipped cream in a glass. Repeat until glass is full; top with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkles.
BOOZY CHAMPAGNE SQUARES
Boil 12 ounces ginger ale and 1 teaspoon lemon juice; remove from heat. Stir in 2 cups Champagne and 4 packs unflavored gelatin until gelatin is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Pour into a lightly greased 9-inch square pan and refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours. Cut into squares and divide among 4 glasses.
Mix 1 part cranberry juice or orange juice with 1 part Champagne for a quick and tasty New Year’s cocktail!
TOTAL: 20 MIN* • 24 SERVINGS
*does not include refrigeration time
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 tbsp. instant coffee
4 cups Schnucks semi-sweet
chocolate chips, melted and divided
sprinkles, to garnish
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and instant coffee until smooth. Stir in 3 cups melted chocolate and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape chocolate mixture into 1-inch balls. Dip in remaining melted chocolate and garnish with sprinkles. Allow to set. Store in refrigerator until serving.
PER SERVING: CAL 117, FAT 7G (4G SAT. FAT), CHOL 10MG, SODIUM 35MG, CARB 14G (1G FIBER, 13G SUGARS), PRO 1G
TOTAL: 20 MIN • 12 SERVINGS
1 cup Schnucks butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking soda
10 cups plain popcorn, popped
1 cup chocolate chips, melted
- To make the caramel, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar while stirring constantly. Bring to boil for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda.
- Add popcorn and caramel to a large bowl; toss until covered. Pour onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet and drizzle with chocolate. Allow to cool before serving
PER SERVING: CAL 335, FAT 20G (13G SAT. FAT), CHOL 44MG, SODIUM 177MG, CARB 36G (3G FIBER, 19G SUGARS), PRO 4G
SNAZZY SHRIMP SHOOTERS
TOTAL: 20 MIN • 12 SERVINGS
2 lbs. Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
1 cucumber, chopped
½ red onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/4 cup Schnucks olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
12 Schnucks peeled and deveined
celery salt for rim of glass
- Add first 6 ingredients to a blender (or food processor). Blend on high for 1 minute.
- Reduce speed to low. Slowly add vinegar and olive oil while blender is running. Turn blender off; season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Garnish rims of 12 shot glasses with celery salt. Divide mixture among glasses and top each with one shrimp.
PER SERVING: CAL 86, FAT 5G (1G SAT. FAT), CHOL 46MG, SODIUM 109MG, CARB 6G (1G FIBER, 3G SUGARS), PRO 6G